Frank bought his first camera in 1955 from a friend who taught him about light meters, shutter speed and aperture. He began photographing scenes in Japan, Hawaii, and other locations in the Pacific while in the Air Force. After many years of photo inactivity, he joined the Middle Georgia Camera Club in the fall of 2002. He entered his first competition in the 2002 Georgia National Fair where he was awarded three ribbons in the beginner color category. His goal is to improve with age.
- 2006 Middle Georgia Camera Club–Color Print of the Year & Co-Winner of the Hal Anderson President’s Award
- 2006 Cherry Blossom Festival–1st place and Best of Show, Color, Animals. 1st place Monochrome, People.
- 2006 Georgia State Fair–1st place, Color, Animals. 1st place, Monochrome, People.
- 2005 First Cycle Camera Club Competition – 1st Place Color Print.
- 1st Place Winner in 2005 “Mountain Review” magazine Photo Contest.
- 2005 Georgia National Fair: 1st place in Advanced Color Animals, 1st place in Advanced Color Plant Life.
- 2006 Georgia National Fair: 1st place color/Animals & 1st place monochrome/People
- 2004 Georgia National Fair– 1st place Color/Plant Life, 1st place Color/Action
- 2004 Macon Cherry Blossom Festival– 1st place Color/Animals, 1st place Color/Photojournalism
- 2004 Second Quarter Camera Club Competition– 1st place Color/Plant Life
- 2004 Georgia State Fair– 1st place and Best of Show Color/Animals
- 2003 Georgia State Fair– 1st place and MGCC award Color/Animals
- 2003 Georgia National Fair– 1st place Color/Animals
Areas of Interest
Birds, Flowers, Scenic, and Photo-Journalism