Our next meeting will be Thursday, November 7th at 7:00 PM, doors open at 6:30 PM.
The 3rd Cycle Digital Competition will be shown with the judges’ comments. We will also be reviewing submissions for October’s theme Hyper-focal distance.
We will be holding elections in November for the 2014 Club positions.
Please review the positions and see if you might be a good fit somewhere. It has even been suggested that a job could be split between to people. The following are the jobs and a short description:
- O1 President; Oversees, organizes, and runs meetings. Acts as point of contact for outside organizations, also some Facebook/mass emailings
- O2 Vice-President; Organizes and presents the Program.
- O3 Secretary; Keeps meeting minutes and forwards to President
- O4 Treasurer; Tracks and runs all funds, to include paying all bills/fees and collecting membership dues
- C1 PSA Print Representative; oversees and runs the print contests, including mailing and receiving the judged prints
- C2 PSA Digital Representative; oversees and runs the digital contests, including emailing and receiving the judged photo
- C3 Webmaster; Updates the MGCC.ws website, forwards emails to the site as needed, Facebook
- C4 Field Trip Coordinator; Collects ideas and sets dates for field tips
- C5 Membership; Tracks membership, provides membership packages
- C6 Awards and Banquet Chairperson; oversees the Annual Awards Banquet in January
- C7 Georgia National Fair Representative; Coordinates with the GNF for the use of equipment and finding volunteers
- C8 Publicity; Works with outside organizations and local media to get the word out about the MGCC